500 error

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    veenm82
    veenm82
    Participant

Hello Ernest

Hope you can help: I get sometimes an 500 status message with searches including PDF files. Example: searching for “Leiden” (city in the Netherlands, but also a verb) maybe to difficult to find in the database?

Thanks a lot!
    Martin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the details.

That is very unlikely, I suspect the issue is somewhere in the post process code. I see you are using the new PDF images feature. I think that might be running into an error somewhere, as it is a fairly new code.

I tried to log-in to test, but wordfence does not allow me to visit the back-end URL. Can you please check that, and also add temporary FTP access? I would like to debug the image generator to see where it fails.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

veenm82
    veenm82
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Martin!

The issue was only a memory limit problem. The number of results displayed exceeds over 300 items, which caused the process to run out of memory. I have increased the memory limit by adding the following line to the wp-config.php file in your root directory:

ini_set('memory_limit', '512M');

It should be okay now. Nevertheless I suggest lowering the number of initial result here (I recommend max 50), and using the load more results feature, so it will load more results once the user scrolls to the bottom of the list. That will greatly improve the performance and the server load.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

veenm82
    veenm82
    Participant

Hello Ernest

Thanks a lot for this great help!. Happy it was only memory 🙂

I will take over your advices

Nice day
    Martin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.