504 search error

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    sdd01
    sdd01
    Participant

Hi!

I’m getting this error when searching directly – The request failed. Please check your connection! Status 504 // Where can I start to fix this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sdd01
    sdd01
    Participant

Also, stays in an infinite loop of searching… then the error. Only when typing something on the search bar.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Errors within the 500 range (500, 504, 505) indicate server side issues. The plugin tries to make a request to the server, but it either does not respond or it fails.

First, you should try everything from this documentation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

sdd01
    sdd01
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I read that documentation before reaching out. It’s bugling my mind.. I don’t know where the issue is.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If you want, I can take a closer look. Can you please add temporary FTP and back-end access? I will try to debug through the search process, maybe I can find something.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

sdd01
    sdd01
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I’m creating a duplicate site to give you. Also, I noticed that this happens on the general search bar. I have around 75 search forms through out the website and the ones that are only focused on specific categories, let’s say definitions, the search bar works pretty fast. However, in the main one which search for around 5000 posts. It gives 504.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Okay – let me know. Can you make sure, that the for that one search you enable the index table engine? That may actually resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.