A few issues on my page

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Einar Solheim
    Einar Solheim
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a few questions/issues.

1) I purchased the Ajax Search Pro because I was sure it would search my custom fields. That seems not to be the case. Try searching for “yammer”, and it does not find this page:
    http://karmoyskolen.no/index.php/om-karmoyskolen/ansatte/ledelse/einar/

2) When searching, the pictures do not show correctly (not at all).

3) How can I get the Ajax Search functionality to the search button to the right of the top menu?

4) I like the minimal black template best. But in the widget, it does not work correctly (not able to choose from the drop down list).

5) This is connected to issue 1. Under Om Karmøyskolen – Ansatte, we have a page for each employee. We are going to list our area of expertise here, so if we get the search engine to search these pages, I would like to create a new search that only searches these staff profiles. “What do you need from us”: search, and if we are lucky the users will find the right employees. Any ideas how I can do this?

Hope to hear from you soon 🙂

Best regards,
    Einar Solheim

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. The search does search custom fields. I looked at the source of that page in the editor, but there are no custom fields defined to that page: https://i.imgur.com/GZONblk.png

The keyword “yammer” is not stored in the post content, its a result of the avatar shortcode – therefore it’s not yet searchable, wordpress does not offer this feautre. The upcoming search version will have a solution for this, a new feature called the “Index table”, which will create a possibility to generate a keyword index based on executed shortcode content. It’s under testing, should be released very soon 🙂

2. It’s the same reason as the first. I might have a quick fix though. I tried to connect via the FTP details, but I’m seeing the complete linux directory and I cannot locate the folder where the site files are. The /var/www/html/ directory only contains an index.html file, so I guess it’s not that.

3. The only possible way is to edit the corresponding theme files. It looks like you are using the “twentyfourteen” default theme. I just looked at that theme on my local installation, and the search code is located in the header.php theme file on line 65, this should be there:

<?php get_search_form(); ?>

you can try to replace it with the php search shortcode:

<?php echo do_shortcode('[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]'); ?>

This will probably put the search box into the dropdown.

4. I see you solved this. If you select the theme it automatically loads the values, and after saving the new stylesheet is generated to save performance. When changing the theme, you might need to delete your browser cache on the front-end 🙂

5. If you list the employee experties in the page editor, the plugin will definitely find it: https://i.imgur.com/irnbFo6.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.