A Quick help is needed

This topic contains 53 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by daro201370 daro201370 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant

RESOLVED!

The theme support advised me before; just use {! shortcode}

Can you please hide this conversation.

Thanks
    Thon

daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant

Update: The filters/shorters stop working with Ajax search pro? You can test it on this the homepage:

https://www.khmeradverts.com/

1. Theme’s search: click on search button without entering any keyword, and try to change a filter/shorter of the theme, it works correctly.

2. Ajax Search Pro: you need to use Chrome inspect to minimise screen size to below 640px to see ASP search box. Type a keyword “house”, the display of the search results is the same as that of the theme, but the filters/shorters dont work. Try to change toggle filters/shorters; it does not show anything if you change one of the filters/shorters

Can you please help advise how to fix that?

Cheers
    Thon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, you can also mark your replies private if you want to (checkbox under this text input “Set as private reply” in blue text).

Those filters are not printed by our plugin, it is probably a theme feature, so you may have to ask about that functionality from the theme author.
    Also not, that combinging two separate search and filters plugins may not work – so if the search was triggered via our search bar, the filters may not work in that case, as there are additional query argument, which may not be recognized by that filter – as it very likely uses it’s own search feature.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant
    daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant
    daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m sorry, I missed your ticket by accident.

Well, it highly depends on the theme, but you can try the results page live loader feature. However this might be a stretch with the current theme, as it already has it’s own search/filter solution forced to the results page.
    For the live loader feature, use the .elements-area selector here: https://i.imgur.com/nPevrP0.png
    I checked the page source and that should work with the live loader.

For all this I recommend creating a new search, then configure the filters as you need them, and put the shortcode to the header section, replacing that other filter bar. That search will then act as a search/filter and a live loader for the results page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant
    daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

For that reason I recommended to create another search bar just for this purpose, as the compact layout can not work with the live loader, and even if it did, it would not resolve the issue with the filters.
    Replacing those filters is still probably the simplest option. The other is custom work, and I am not sure I recommend that. Combining two independent solutions is a decent amount of work for sure, a lot of code investigation to see how both solutions work, API coding the things together etc.. And even the first and simplest update could ruin everything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant

Hi Sir,

I did test your solution without using Compact Box; it does not work; the issue remains the same. Customisation is very expensive for me, so I wont go to that route; I may have to find a different plugin?

Any other solutions to this?

Cheers
    Thon

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t know if there is anything else. Only option left is to turn OFF the search override feature. In that case our search will leave the results page as it is, affecting the items there whatsoever. That will work for sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

daro201370
    daro201370
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Do you have any other search bars created where the override feature is active? If so, can you turn it off for all search bars?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.