ACF content not indexed/searched

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support ACF content not indexed/searched

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by BorisWebdesign BorisWebdesign 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BorisWebdesign
    BorisWebdesign
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    I don’t understand. I want the visitor who performs a search to search everything by default, but be able to trim down the search by setting dates filters, category filters, etc. The settings you are describing are very unclear to me, even after checking the documentation.

Can you tell me what I should set when I want to achieve this:
    – default front end search: everything included
    – visitor can activate date filter by entering a from and/or a to date
    – when only a from date is entered, everything before that is excluded
    – when only a to date is entered, everything after that is excluded
    – when both dates are entered, everything before from and after to is excluded

Regards,
    Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Boris,

Oh okay, so you actually need the date filters. In that case, I suggest adjusting the date filter default values to a relative date. For example:
    – The ‘from’ date to a few years before the current date
    – The ‘after’ date to the current date
    Like so: https://i.imgur.com/CczOjRX.png

Unfortunately the date fields cannot be empty, they need to have a default value selected, and that is the closest possible solution.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

BorisWebdesign
    BorisWebdesign
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    thanks. I’ve made the change. But my search still comes up empty. Is it the other active filter perhaps (categories)? Does that mean it does not search within pages/custom fields/etc?

I’m searching for the word “Mireille”. This is the name of one of the employees, and her name is in a repeater-custom field.

BorisWebdesign
    BorisWebdesign
    Participant

Maybe something else is going wrong. I’m doing a search in the sidebar, and I am expecting the results to show up in the content field to the left of the sidebar. But even when I am searching for a term I know comes up everywhere throughout the site, the result is ZERO. What am I missing?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You had a date exclusion rule set, to include results to a certain date only (2010-01-01): https://i.imgur.com/Ov5bVPV.png
    However there as also a date filter, active so this is redundant, I have deactivated it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

BorisWebdesign
    BorisWebdesign
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    you are right, thanks! I activated that a couple of days ago to test whether that would produce results.

I get search results with pages and posts now, so that is great. What I still don’t see is results for pages with their content in any of the ACF custom fields. Can you check if that is set up properly?

Regards,
    Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It seems to be working okay on my end, I tested the same phrase: https://i.imgur.com/1wXYn51.png
    Please note, I had to change the ‘from’ filter, since the page was from 2011.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

BorisWebdesign
    BorisWebdesign
    Participant

Hi,

okay, that was stupid :-). I’ve made some adjustments, now I see all the results.

One more thing I would like to know, and cannot find in your documentation:
    – When I do a search in the sidebar, the search results show up on the page next to it. That works fine.
    – At the top, I’ve set some code that shows “3 search results for XXX” where XXX is the search term used.
    – When I change the search term now, the title above the page does not reflect the proper search term and the proper number of search results anymore. Because of course the search uses Ajax, and the title I put in does not.

Is there some way I can change this so the title reflects the number of search results and the used search term, even if I do another search on the same page without resetting or refreshing?

Regards,
    Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Yes, it is actually possible via the live results loader. I have quickly configured it for you based on the HTML structure: https://i.imgur.com/uKIhjbB.png
    Now, if you go to the results page, the results will be displayed/updated on the results page, instead of the live results container.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

BorisWebdesign
    BorisWebdesign
    Participant

That’s brilliant, thank you so much!

I’m quite happy with how things are set up now, thank you very much for your patience and support!

Regards,
    Boris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

BorisWebdesign
    BorisWebdesign
    Participant

Yes, you can close it. I will open a new one if I need more help.

I will be sure to leave a review once I get some more experience with it!

Regards
    Boris

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘ACF content not indexed/searched’ is closed to new replies.