Adding buttons to results

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    alinahomecare
    alinahomecare
    Participant

Hi, is there any way to customise what info shows on my results besides displaying a description? I’d really like to add a ‘Call us’ button to each result with a link to a phone number. Is that possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes – you can use the advanced title and content fields for that. That field supports custom HTML, so you can basically add anything you want to it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

alinahomecare
    alinahomecare
    Participant

Thank you, that’s great. However, it creates a new issue that when I disable ‘display image’ to hide the image on the results, it also hides the description and custom field? Is this a glitch?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It was actually a glitch, yet unknown. The description was hidden because of the missing images, which should only happen with a specific configuration.
    I have made a direct change to the plugin code to correct that, and we will include it in the next release. It should work fine now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

alinahomecare
    alinahomecare
    Participant

Amazing, thanks. One final thing, I’ve added buttons to the description field but the description field is cropping the buttons because the height isn’t large enough. I can’t find a way to edit the height to stop this happening, I’ve looked through documentation but can’t fnd a way. Please can you advise?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure. There are many ways to address this, but in your case the buttons are inline elements, which follow the line height, which is 1.5 em on the page. I suggest probably changing the buttons to inline-block when styling them:

display: inline-block;

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

alinahomecare
    alinahomecare
    Participant

Thanks for your help today!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂

If you don’t mind, I will close this topic soon and mark it as resolved, feel free to open another one if you have other questions or issues.

If you like the plugin and have not rated already, feel free to leave a rating on your codecanyon downloads page, it’s greatly appreciated.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.