Adding staging site to list of valid license instances possible?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Adding staging site to list of valid license instances possible?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MapsMarkerPro
    MapsMarkerPro
    Participant

Hi,
    a customer of mine also bought a license for Ajax Search Pro to use it on http://www.arminwolf.at – as site maintainer I have now one question: is it possible to use the purchase code *moved to ftp field* also on the staging site dev.arminwolf.at somehow? As this is a high traffic site, we use the staging site to test all plugin updates first before we deploy it on the live site.
    Would be much appreciated!
    best,
    Robert

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Robert,

For security reasons this is disabled.

But, since you deploy the changes from staging to live, you could simply enable the auto updates on the staging domain, but not the live site. The activation has not other effect, but to access the auto update tokens. I am guessing during the deployment you copy all database data + files over to live, so if the plugin is updated on the dev, then deployed, it gets also updated on live as well – so having it enabled on live is unnecessary.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.