Advanced Analytics and GDPR Compliance with Ajax Search Pro

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Advanced Analytics and GDPR Compliance with Ajax Search Pro

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    edcsk
    edcsk
    Participant

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out for assistance regarding the use of Ajax Search Pro, specifically concerning the generation and analysis of user search statistics. Currently, the option to only view the top 20 search keywords seems somewhat limited for my needs. I am very interested in obtaining more detailed insights into the search behavior of my users to better tailor my content to their needs.

I am aware of the possibility of integrating with Google Analytics 4, but I am concerned about implementing this solution in Europe due to GDPR compliance, potential costs, and legal challenges.

Despite reviewing your documentation and support topics, I have unfortunately not found a suitable solution to my issue. Could you please advise on the best way to approach this challenge in order to collect and analyze user search statistics in a GDPR-compliant manner?

Additionally, I wonder if you have considered the possibility of integrating with Microsoft Clarity, as it might offer a more privacy-friendly alternative.

Thank you in advance for your support. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,
    Ed

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Ed,

Google Analytics if fully GDPR compliant if there is a proper cookie policy disclaimer implemented – which is needed by default anyways, as WordPress itself uses session cookies, and that has to be declared.

You can actually access the full keywords list if you have a phpMyAdmin or similar database access tool. In the database table wp_ajaxsearchpro_statistics all the previous keywords are stored, with the number of searches.

Another possibility is to use Matomo analytics, whic can be integrated as well, here is a knowledge base article on how to do that.

I’m not sure if there is a deeper way to integrate with Clarity, as it’s main purpose is heatmaps of user behavior. Using it should already include the search itself, there is probably a way to get the phrases typed into the input field as well. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with how it works.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.