Advanced Options -> include from certain categories isnt working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Advanced Options -> include from certain categories isnt working

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    danyjyn56
    danyjyn56
    Participant

Hi,

So I recently bought the pro version of this. I only want search results coming from certain categories, I’ve gone into the the advanced settings and to the includes option, I’ve chosen certain post categories, page folders and some faq’s categories. But the search bar still searches the entire site. So this option is not working. Whats happening here?

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please check this documentation.
    If you scroll down on the documentation, there is an option to turn off items, which does not have anything assigned from the selected taxonomies. By default the plugin includes items, which have no relation to the term taxonomies.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

danyjyn56
    danyjyn56
    Participant

Hi,

When i enabled that option the search bar did not search anything, nothing happens. Not sure what is happening here.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Do you have any exclusion active, any front-end filters active by any chance?
    If you also use the exclude by categories or exclude by tags option (just above this option), then that can cause conflicts – as with the inclusions, exclusions are not neccessary.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.