ajax search with divi overlay

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support ajax search with divi overlay

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Yannick
    Yannick
    Participant

hello, I use ajax search pro on a website with the Divi theme . If I put the short code in a page of the website, it works well, but if I put the code in an overlay (created with the divi overlay plugin) the search does not work, it returns only zero results. Have you ever encountered this problem? Do you have a solution? It is important that this search can be done in an overlay for the site. Thank you in advance. cordially

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Yannick Yannick.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details.

I have looked at the front page, and I see you are using a custom shortcode to display in a two column layout, the search and the settings on the left, and the results on the right.

The problem is, that this shortcode is used on the page 2 times, and the first shortcode overlay is not in use (or at least I could not find the trigger). The second overlay when opens, the results are moved to the first overlay (invisible).
    To resolve this, simply remove the shortcode from the first hidden overlay, and it should start working.

If you wish to use both overlays for some purpose, then I suggest making a duplicate of the search instance, so that it uses a different shortcode. Then using one shortcode in the first overlay, and the other shortcode in the second one.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Yannick
    Yannick
    Participant

Hello
    thank you very much!
    I did not think about this second module which contained the same code, because the overlay replaced it.
    it works! Thanks again and good day

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ajax search with divi overlay’ is closed to new replies.