Ajax inconsistently searching user profiles.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax inconsistently searching user profiles.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cyfarian43
    cyfarian43
    Participant

This is a staging environment created specifically for this issue. As requested, all other plugins are turned off and a default theme is being used. The issue is still happening.

If you want to see the site as intended (albeit under construction) please go to staging6.choosetiny.com

I have buddyboss installed. I am trying to search members through the search bar. I am getting inconsistent results. If I type Community, there should be about a dozen community members show up, but only 2 do. If I search for “11” for user “Communty 11” or “6” for user “Community 6” neither show up. Their products do (WCVendor), but not their use profiles.

I enabled the option to search user accounts, I ensured it was searching the first name, last name and nickname fields and all the profile fields and I turned on the buddypress search. But I can’t seem to make it work.

I’d like it to search the following: users (and their extended profile fields), forums, groups, posts, comments/replies, products, shops (and in the future LearnDash courses).

Can you please help?
    Thanks,
    Jill

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for all the details, it helps us a lot.

I have found the issue almost immediatly, luckily it is only a configuration related problem. You have all the user roles excluded from search, meaning no user is basically returned ever. If you remove the restrictions it should start working.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

cyfarian43
    cyfarian43
    Participant

That fixed it! Thanks. I thought I was INCLUDING those roles in the search. I read it too fast. The plugin is so versatile and powerful that getting through all of the options was a little overwhelming. Thanks so much for your quick help. Have a great day.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.