Ajax Pro and Elementor posts element

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Pro and Elementor posts element

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Celin72 Celin72 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Hi,

I got a website with Elementor Pro as the page builder and Ajax Pro for custom search.

I would like to search through the attachments which Ajax Pro does well and shows results immediately under the search bar, but when user click on the magnifying glass or press enter button, I set to go to Elementor post widget page called ‘Custom Search Result’ (from Trigger and redirection behavior).

The Custom Search Result page doesn’t show any results from attachments like pdf/ image/ word but only shows posts. Is it possible to have a custom page which results all the results including all attachments.

If it’s not possible with Elementor posts widget, is there any other way we can set up to got to a page which lists all the result as the suggestion says.

Thanks
    Celin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Celin,

I believe the Elementor posts widget is not capable of that. I recall someone had a similar query about a month ago, and we tried everything to somehow force those items there, but it’s simply not possible, Elementor clevery checks for the post type and dismisses them.

If your theme has a regular results page, that should work with attachments as well. The WordPress core query does not remove the attachments from results – so unless your theme does not remove them, that should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Thanks Ernest for the quick reply.

The theme used for this website is Minimal Blocks. The search page lists all the attachments by default . The issue is that the search result page shows results which takes to the attachment page but I don’t want users to find any attachment pages, I want to list attachment links to either parent post or to the attachment itself. The attachment search is set as shown in the image attached but it lists the attachment page when shows suggestion from the ajax pro search plugin.

Thanks
    Celin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That is unfortuantely a coin flip on the results page, the plugin tries to “force” it’s own URL there, but on some queries wordpress simply uses the default, which refers to the attachment page.

If you want, you can try adding FTP access, and I can try debug that through – maybe I can find something to force the correct plugin links there anyways.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Thanks Ernest for the quick reply. I’ll get back to you soon.

Kind regards
    Celin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.