Ajax Pro Search page and categories

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Pro Search page and categories

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Hi Ernest ,

I have Ajax Pro plugin installed on my website. The Pro plugin is designed to go to the theme’s search page. It lists all the documents, posts and page with the key search word.

Is it possible to show posts first (top of the search page) and then pages and then attachments? Now it shows in a shuffled order.

Another question – Please refer the attached image, Can I display the categories in two columns like the orange column needs to show in one column and the one in red need to show in another column. All of them are just post categories.

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards
    Celin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You can try setting a custom post type ordering here. It may not work for the results page though, but worth trying.

If you reduce the width of the columns here, it should eventually break into two columns.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tried the recommendations and find the results below:

You can try setting a custom post type ordering here. It may not work for the results page though, but worth trying.
    -> Unfortunately this doesn’t work , the result still loads in a shuffled order.

If you reduce the width of the columns here, it should eventually break into two columns. -> Please check the attached image, when the column width is reduced, the column shrinks with a scroll bar but not automatically split to two column.

Kind regards
    Celin

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Instead of the “column” layout use the default “flex” layout, that should very likely do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Sorry Ernest even though I changed to Flex or Masonry and changed other settings but no difference.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

May I take a look at this somewhere?
    It is probably some sort of a CSS conflict.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Thanks Ernest. Have a great day!

Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Any update on this?

Thanks
    Celin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I thought you resolved it? I was asking if I could take a look at it somewhere. Can you please send a link to a page where the issue is visible?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Celin72
    Celin72
    Participant

Sure. The website is private mode so only I can view but I’ll make it public if you would like to access the website else I can upload a screenshot.

Thanks
    Celin

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Unfortuantely I can not work with screenshots in this case. I need to see the source and the styling of the rendered settings box.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.