Ajax Sarch Pro field layout and results page

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Sarch Pro field layout and results page

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vagner
    vagner
    Participant

hi,

we are using your plugin on a global search on the header. However the layout of the search field is not the same through the site

http://ff.boomar.gr/portfolio-items/agapi-gia-panta/
    vs (homepage)
    http://ff.boomar.gr

also its strange cause we setup the magnifying glass to be placed on the right side but its displayed on the left.

A second question, we try to override the search results page with our custom page, but its not very real how we parse the ajax pro results to format them and display them.
    Is there a code example we could follow?

Thanks
    Vagelis

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Vagelis,

The strange layout is due to an incorrect container. From the page source I am guessing you are using Fusion builder or something similar. The plugin shortcode is placed into a Text widget, which causes the issues. The plugin source on both pages is malformed, as the text container automatically adds paragraph blocks and whitespaces (as it expects text instead of HTML).
    If you change the block type in the Fusion builder from text to a shortcode or custom HTML it will very likely resolve the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

vagner
    vagner
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The magnifier could be a simple CSS conflict. This should force the correct order:

.asp_m_3 button.promagnifier {
        order: 11 !important;
    }

I recommend custmizing the results page, where you can simply access the results via the WordPress loop as usual. For a single page (like on your linked page) there is no such thing as results, because the results are requested within an XHR ajax request after the page is rendered and injected to the results container via javascript, so they do not exist during the page load.
    You can customize the live (XHR ajax) results list via the advanced title and content fields, as well as via the results templating feature, that will affect how the results are returned from the ajax request.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

vagner
    vagner
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

No, the plugin will override the search results loop, the results there will be coming from Ajax Search Pro, just make sure the search results page override is not disabled.
    You can even access a bit more data (like the image) via the theme functions within the loop.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.