Ajax Search – Block

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Apapadopoulos46
    Apapadopoulos46
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to display the results of my ajax search on a different page, than the one that holds the search. More specifically, I have placed a search on the menu bar (which works fine), and I would like to be able to redirect to another page and show the results after I hit enter. I looked at the documentation and I figured that I have to place a results shortcode in the page that I am redirecting to, and use the “Block-pushes content” layout option in order for it to work. The problem is that when I search something, hit enter, and redirect to the results page, my results don’t show up. They appear only after I click on my search and hit spacebar, as if I am going to search for something more. Could you please tell me how I can show my search results on a different page? Am I on the right track with the Block layout option?

Best wishes,
    Aristotelis

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Aristotelis,

Unfortunately no – the results shortcode is to position the live results to a different location on the same page – using it on a different page and then redirecting to that page is not going to work, it is not designed for that.
    The only possible way for a custom results page (to redirect to) at the moment is using the Elementor Pro posts widget.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.