Ajax Search Pro – Ajax Error 500 Issue

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro – Ajax Error 500 Issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    deeperblue
    deeperblue
    Participant

This occurred when I had installed the plugin and configured the search settings. It pulls through results fine but when I enter a word or phrase that does not honour a result the ajax timer just spins and does not execute a ‘No results found’ message. After checking Google Chrome it flags up an error:

jquery.js?ver=1.12.4:4 POST http://test.db-md.co.uk/forsspac/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/ajax_search.php 500 (Internal Server Error)

I have followed the guidance outlined in your knowledge base, there is no plugin conflict (deactivated everything apart from this plugin, same error occurs) and no theme conflict (tried it with Twenty Sixteen theme). I have not enabled caching and have performed a compatibility check in the settings and have switched the Javascript source to ‘Not Minified’ and ‘Blocking’.

I am at a loss and would appreciate some guidance or feedback on this.

Thanks alot for investigating in advance.

If you require anything else, please get in touch with me on [email protected]

Kind Regards,

Mitchell.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mitchell,

This is due to a known bug, which was fixed after the 4.10.3 release. It happens whenever the keyword suggestions are enabled, but no source is selected. In the latest versions it automatically turns off, in your case I fixed it by simply turning off these options (as they are not in use): https://i.imgur.com/Sg2A7Xx.png

Now it should be working again.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

deeperblue
    deeperblue
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Just tested and indeed it does work. Thank you so much for a speedy and successful fix. Will definitely recommend your products and support to people in the future.

Kind Regards,

Mitchell

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ajax Search Pro – Ajax Error 500 Issue’ is closed to new replies.