Ajax Search PRO and WPML

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by CANENERO35 CANENERO35 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    CANENERO35
    CANENERO35
    Participant

Hello,
    i’m currently setting up a woocommerce store in 2 languages, Italian (default language) and English via WPML.
    The store has many products and i’ve chosen to let WPML serve the italian version of a page if the english version is not available.
    So, when i click on a woocommerce product category or product attribute, a list with the italian version of the products is shown.
    In the italian store, i have Ajax Search PRO installed and all is working fine.
    In the english version of the store, there is a way to tell Ajax search PRO to use the italian version of the product?
    Because right now, since there aren’t english products, i have no results on search.
    What i mean is, there is a way to use ajax search PRO with the same WPML setting: “use italian version if the english version is not available”?
    Thank you.
    P.s. i can give you administrative access if you need.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, the only thing you can do is basically disable WPML compatibility, which will allows displaying results from different languages as well: https://i.imgur.com/8Sh3uMu.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

CANENERO35
    CANENERO35
    Participant

First of all thank you very much for your fast reply 🙂
    Disabling WPML support is a solution for a normal search.
    But the problem that i have is that i have some product attributes and i have some filters enabled in Ajax Search PRO with these attributes.
    Even if i translate the attributes and turn WPML option off, if i select one filter, there are no results (i’ve attached a screenshot).
    I think that there isn’t a way to have these filters functional with WPML compatibility off?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

Well, you could maybe try turning on this option: https://i.imgur.com/teJxAgG.png
    It should ignore the non-existing attributes within the filter, and possibly show the other results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

CANENERO35
    CANENERO35
    Participant

If i make a search without a string and only via filters, it doesen’t work.
    I think because the product attributes are translated, but aren’t connected to the translated product.
    I’ve also tried to use the option “Show posts/CPM with empty (missing) taxonomy terms?” but if i insert nothing on text search and select only an attribute filter, the filter is ignored and i have all the results.
    I don’t know if this problem could be solved, i.e. the attributes are translated but the products not…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Unfortunately this probably cannot be solved then – exactly because of the reason you said. The attributes are not actually in a connection with the product, so changing the filter will not do anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

CANENERO35
    CANENERO35
    Participant

ok thank you very much for your support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.