Ajax Search Pro crashes Safari when viewport is minimized

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro crashes Safari when viewport is minimized

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by remkovdz remkovdz 9 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

When the Ajax Search Pro plugin is activated, Safari crashes when you minimize the viewport.

No problems so far in Chrome.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by remkovdz remkovdz.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Are there any more details on this, like error logs, error codes or anything similar?

Does the same thing happen if you try the demo page?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

It does not happen on the demo page.

Safari error message in the attachement.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by remkovdz remkovdz. Reason: Moved to attachement
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, I don’t see any usable reference here unfortunately. But, I was able to see the problem on my iPad, since I’m on a windows machine.

This is going to be a theme or plugin conflict, since it’s not happening on the demo page.

I tried to disable some of the javascript files to load via the plugin manager, but that didn’t help I think.

The resize issue was only happening on the front page of the site on my iPad, can you confirm that?

Unfortunately I can’t access the javascript files for debugging via the plugin manager, only the php files. If you want, you can provide ftp access and I can try to investigate further on this, but I can’t promise I find the source of the problem, since this is most likely related to other plugins as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

I have done some experiments with disabling plugins but I kept seeing the same problem.

However, when I changed to another theme, like Twenty Fourteen, and used your Search Box, there was no crashing. So it seems to be a conflict with the theme FlatSome.

I will provide you with FTP details later.

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

I gave you FTP access.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I just logged in, but it looks like you are working on it right now, as I can’t see the search shortcode anymore. I’ll check back a bit later.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

Yeah sorry about that. Should be good to go in about an hour.

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

You can login now.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

After a few hours of experimenting I might have found the cause, but I’m not able to fix it per se.

When resizing, the menu script physically moves the nodes around the node tree. I have no idea why the theme author choose this solution, but he must have had his reasons.

The problem is, I found, that safari fails when moving SVG nodes from one position to another. I have no idea why, this shouldn’t happen, just like in the other browsers. The search unfortunately uses high resolution SVG icons (magnifier, loading, settings).
    When I disabled these icons in the code, the page didn’t fail.

Luckily there is a solution I guess. You will have to upload custom icons for magnifier, settings and loading. The good thing is, that you can do that on the backend under the Theme Options panel for each icon.

There are a few unused (non svg) icons available in the plugins /img/ folder, you can use those if you want to.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

Hi Ernest.

I will look into this soon, but first: since you’ve looked at it the searched does not work at all anymore 🙁 No live results, weird input (half in the box) etc. Can you have a look?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry about that. I tried the ftp again, but I couldn’t make changes, I got a permission denied. I guess I didn’t see that the last time, and one “return” statement was left in the code.

It should work now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

thanks.

remkovdz
    remkovdz
    Participant

I have tried your solution (simply saving your icons and upload them) and it worked. I don’t understand why, but thanks 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.