Ajax search pro "custom filter related issue."

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax search pro "custom filter related issue."

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fikarless95
    fikarless95
    Participant

Dear Team,
    I am happy with this plugin my many tasks are completed because of you all.Search Bar is working fine.
    But i am facing issue in Filter section, I am not able to filter user by custom field.
    Below are the issues step by step and my setting:
    1. I am using ultimate member Plugin.
    2. In that plugin there are members. This members have their profile. In there profile there are fields about there information like location,phone number, type of service they provide,and other details.
    3. each deatils like location,phone number,services etc have there own separate meta key.
    4. I use this meta key to be able to search user in search bar . search bar works well.
    5. but when i use filter in that search bar (dropdown) ,visuably that filter with dropdown appears but search result refreshes itself and show all users (i mean search result should change according to filter i applied but it dont get change)
    6. my settings are
    general>source>Search in custom post types=Members directory
    >user search> cutom meta field> i have used all metakey of individual fields.
    search bar works well
    but when i do,
    frontend search setting >cutom field> fill all details and use meta key in custom field option(user meta).
    Here filter is visible correctly but result dont change accordingly.

I have gone through video on youtube related to this but could not found solution as needed.
    Please guide me
    what i am trying to achive is:
    filter should contain “services that member provides” and search bar can search locality.
    that means, “which member provide a “particular service(available in filter drop down)” in “particulat location”.

also second question is that:
    is there any technique to search 2 fileds at a same time in same search bar by separting it by a “,” or”;” or anything like that, to eliminate use of filter???
    example: salon, Lasvegas
    which will show result of all available salons in lasvegas…

Please and this 2 above question
    1. filter
    2. 2 searches in single search bar.

Requesting you to please revert ASAP.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. I don’t think I can tell what the issue is, unless I am able to see and test the configuration. Can you please add temporary FTP and back-end details, so I can test and debug the query?

2. You can try the AND keyword logic, but the problem with this in general is, that it can match any of the field at any time.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

fikarless95
    fikarless95
    Participant

is their any technique to search two different terms of two different meta field in single search bar??

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Do you mean search one part of the phrase only on one custom field, the other one with another etc..? That is impossible, the plugin would have no way of telling which phrase to compare where.

The best option is to use filters here, that is the simplest solution. Filters will apply on the given filed, as you want it to.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fikarless95
    fikarless95
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks, I may have some suggestions, but I am not sure what the issue might be yet.

1. Make sure not to select any post types, as you don’t need those right now: https://i.imgur.com/219oDKo.png

2. Try this variation for the filter configuration: https://i.imgur.com/9ozaFG5.png
    I think, that the actualy filter values might be different from what the labels are, and this should probably resolve it.

3. Very important, make sure, that this option is turned OFF: https://i.imgur.com/JkGmgSx.png
    This will not allow results that does not have this meta value set.

Let me know if it changes anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fikarless95
    fikarless95
    Participant

Thank you sir for your support. Your help ment lot for me.
    your solution worked well.

I have done 3 things
    1st
    ||Any value**
    {get_values}

2nd
    removed post section

till then there was same result as previous

But as i have done 3rd step of
    making “allow section of missing custom field “(advance)- “OFF”
    then it worked well and started giving result..

Thank you sooo much for your kind support and bearing my non expertise or silly question.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.