Ajax Search Pro Drag and Drop Issue

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro Drag and Drop Issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    amattson
    amattson
    Participant

Hello,

I’m having an issue with the drag and drop functionality of the plugin. I realize this could be due to a conflict with one of my plugins. In order to troubleshoot I disabled each plugin individually and set theme back to default. Upon disabling the ‘IMITHEMES Classifieds’ plugin the drag and drop functions began to work.

The problem however is that this plugin registers the custom post type categories I am attempting to use the ASP plugin for so disabling it is not an option.

I receive no error message however on the ASP options.

I have also deleted and reinstalled ASP however this has not resolved the issue.

Hopefully you can help me out with this.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

There is indeed an issue, but it does not raise an error message. The problem was in the wp-content/plugins/imi-classifieds/js/add-dynamic-fields.js file.

One of the problems is that this file is loaded across all the back-end, which is careless to do, as it’s only used on the certain plugin settings page. It’s a common mistake plugin authors make.

The second is that it re-sets the sortable items, because the search uses the same sortable class on the items. The plugin should however use a more specific selector to make sure that other sortables are not overridden. This might cause issues with other plugins as well in the future.

Anyways, I’ve opened the file in the plugin editor and made a change to that plugin file that might solve this problem. You might need to check it though, I’m not sure if that’s effective. (make sure to clear your browser cache first)

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

amattson
    amattson
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Of course. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe I changed the file contents to this:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.