Ajax Search Pro has an ajax error on our website

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro has an ajax error on our website

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    darylozzz
    darylozzz
    Participant

Hi, The Ajax Search Pro on our website was working fine before, but now when searching it, it has some errors regarding an ajax request. I deactivated some of the plugins and found out that when this plugin WP Cloud Plugin Use-your-Drive (Google Drive) is deactivated, the ajax search pro is back to normal. But we wanted these plugin to be activated since we are using this on our membership site and everything was fine before together with the two plugins activated.

Here is the screenshot for the error message, https://prnt.sc/i93rcm.

By the way I already included in this support ticket my admin access so that you can look at.

Regards,
    Daryl

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for the proper details, it helped a lot!

I have found the cause of the issue, and fixed it as well. This option had to be changed to the default value: https://i.imgur.com/5LhJmQy.png
    I’m guessing, that there might be a shortcode/filter registered by that plugin which may not work in ajax requests, or out of post context.

Now it should be working correctly as before.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

darylozzz
    darylozzz
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you! It is working now.

I really appreciate the quick response from you.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Daryl

darylozzz
    darylozzz
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you again.

We would like to request about having a box on the ajax search pro settings that can exclude shortcodes for searching. That way we can execute some of the shortcodes and can filter some shortcodes that are not recommended for searches.

Hopefully this will be added on the next update. By the way, your plugin is awesome.

Best,
    Daryl

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Daryl,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Great idea, thank you for that, but unfortunately I don’t think this would be possible. Shortcodes are not registered until long after the database search is completed. But something like excluding shortcodes from executing when displaying the search results, that might be actually possible 🙂 Will definitely consider this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.