Ajax search pro options not available

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax search pro options not available

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Hi there,
    First of all I was creating an account here to be able to submit a ticket. I chose MarketingCopenhagen as username but it says that the name is already taken, and then it still creates an account called MarketingCopenhagen29 – but in my e-mail from you guys it says that my username is MarketingCopenhagen as I requested.

Is this normal? Seems a little strange.

Second:
    I bought the license for Ajax Search pro but far from all options are available. How can this be? I could only find 1 type of license for $36. I want to be able to create multiple search bars and design them with my own choice of colors and stuff but right now I can’t do that.
    Then I went to your website to find out if there’s a more expensive package that opens up the rest of the features but I can’t find anything. Can you please guide me and tell me what to do?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That profile was created then deleted in minutes after creation, then re-created again, that might be related to that. You may have clicked on the delete button. Your username is “MarketingCopenhagen”, but the display name is set to “MarketingCopenhagen29”. You can log-in with “MarketingCopenhagen” 🙂

Have you installed the plugin correctly? After the installation and activation, you should be able to start by creating a new search bar.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

You cannot access this content.

Hi,
    I think I solved it.

I have another question 🙂

Is it possible to search by date and geo location? Or is there a calendar plugin you guys recommend using with this one?

Another question:

I have 3 search bars. Is it possible to combine them, so you have to fill out all 3 of them before you search? And then the results show the products matching the 3 search bars. All 3 search bars are based on product categories.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The events clarendar and the Events Manager plugins were tested for compatibility, you can check an example here.

Connecting multiple search bars is not possible, but you can use the taxonomy term filters to make filters based on the product attributes.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
    Okay I see – but is it then possible to avoid the search from starting when you hit/chose a suggested category.

So when you start typing in, the search bar comes up with suggestions of matching categories, which is great. But when you choose one, the bar activates the search function. Is it possible to chose a suggestion WITHOUS making this start the search – since you have to fill out multiple bars in our situation?

Thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, of course. Turning off this option will prevent that: https://i.imgur.com/Cxb5ZtN.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Thank you so much, I will try it out 🙂

You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Oh, I’m sorry, I think I missunderstood you. That is not possible. One search bar cannot populate/communicate to another search bar, that is just not possible. Each one acts individually.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Hi there,
    That it acts individually is quite okay, if it is possible to make the suggestions not trigger a search if you hit them / chose them. Lets say it should ONLY be the arrow (the search icon) that is triggering a search. So you can type in, chose a suggestion and then you hit the search icon and it won’t search until then. Is that possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

But those are not “suggestions”, but the search results. Clicking on one will automatically lead you to that result page. It cannot populate to the search box, because that is an actual result. You can turn off the live results triggers, if you don’t want them on the same panel (General Options -> Behavior), and set the magnifier and the return button events to redirect to the results page, if that is better for your case.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Hi okay, I will try that. Is there a way to change the results, so the results will show products instead of categories? I would like the results to show the products within the category instead of the category itself.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, please read custom post types as results (you need the “product” post type), and you don’t need any taxonomy terms as resuls, but searching in taxonomy terms in relation with post types.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.