Ajax Search Pro – remembering after back button

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro – remembering after back button

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tomek36
    Tomek36
    Participant

Hey,

Here is our implementation of Ajax Search Pro https://beauty-fairs.com.pl/lista-wystawcow/ – we want to have an option to keep the search results and remember the ajax filter, when getting back from the page. I have seen you have such an option in the settings https://i.imgur.com/UsypFo6.jpg but it’s not working. It’s probably due to the setup with the Elementor? How we can fix it?

Also, how we can take this functionality and make it remember not only from the back button, but also from clicking a button the page “back to previous page”. I am developer and know PHP/JS, i’d just need some directions if there are any hooks or filters we can use for that.

Best,
    T.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’m afraid it is because of the Elementor integration – it currently does not work with it. However I am planning a quickfix release for the next week, I think we can fix this as well. It should not be too difficult.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Tomek36
    Tomek36
    Participant

Nice! Sounds great!

Will it be working also with any button that backs to the previous page?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I think so. I will add an event to the document.body, which you can trigger to memorize the state:

asp_memorize_state_{search_ID}

So you can trigger this event before the redirection (when clicking the button), like so:

document.body.dispatchEvent(new Event('asp_memorize_state_1'));

..then after redirection clicking the back button will restore the search state.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tomek36
    Tomek36
    Participant

That would be perfect. Thanks Ernest!

One more thing that is bugging me, when you click close button here https://i.imgur.com/JfW3Jgm.jpg the phrase is removing from the input, but the results are not refresing. While deleting the text with backspace is working fine. Can we fix it as well or I have missed some option in the settings?

Best,
    T.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Are you using the latest plugin version? (4.21) I am pretty sure that in that version this issue was resolved. If not, please update, it should do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tomek36
    Tomek36
    Participant

Sorry, that is right. I was using an older version. All work with the newest version. Thanks!

Tomek36
    Tomek36
    Participant

Hey Ernest,

Should the newest version fix the issue we’ve been talking through on this topic? As after update, using back button only, I’m still getting back to the default state of the search. You can test it out here https://beauty-fairs.com.pl/lista-wystawcow/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Can you please switch to the “Minified” javascript source. This may not work with the older legacy scripts.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tomek36
    Tomek36
    Participant

That does the trick. Works like a charm. Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.