Ajax Search Pro search bar keeps disappearing randomly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro search bar keeps disappearing randomly

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #33888
    webpliciti49
    webpliciti49
    Participant

    We tested the Ajax Search Pro search bar on our website, but the search bar keeps disappearing randomly. If you go to the home page or any page and look at the search bar, you will notice that the Ajax search is not working.

    I have attached an image of what the search bar should look like. Please can you take a look and let me know if we have done something wrong.

    Note: we are using Elementor to build our pages. We use SFTP Public Key Authentication to access our servers,

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #33898
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    Thank you very much for the details!

    I checked the home page, but I am not seeing the search bar at the moment. From the description it sounds like a cache related issue. Make sure to clear all layers of cache, so the stylesheets and the script files are refreshed and fully loaded. Let me know how it goes.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #34036
    webpliciti49
    webpliciti49
    Participant

    I agree it sounds like a cache issue, but the cache has been cleared and disabled in staging; currently, the search bar is showing again.

    Is there a setting within your plugin’s cache that could be causing the issue?

    Also, on the Live site, we use W3 Total Cache. Is your plugin compatible with this?

    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #34043
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    If the cache is disabled, and the plugin is showing again, then it is a cache issue for sure.
    There is no visual cache in the plugin – that cache is only used for the ajax requests. We are using W3TC on our demo site as well without any problems.
    I have an idea though. It is possible, the cache is not keeping separate files for different browsers, so a fallback version of the page might be shown. Try turning off this option right here. It may have triggered the default search to show on old user agents, or it missidentified a browser, but would explain the problem perfectly.
    It is very unlikely, however I don’t see any other possibility for the random behaviour.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #34073
    webpliciti49
    webpliciti49
    Participant

    I’ve turned off the option you suggested but I’m still seeing this random issue and I am unable to pinpoint the actual event that is causing it. You’re right to think it is a caching issue, I am thinking the same. do you have any suggestions into what settings should be used with W3TC and your app for maximum compatibility?

    #34079
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    Well, it should work with any configuration, I am not aware of anything causing issues.
    I usually don’t use the object cache and the database cache – with those I had problems with in general in the past. It of course depends on the caching method, but I what I found it has little to no positive impact on a regular site. It might be more useful for very high traffic sites.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #34104
    webpliciti49
    webpliciti49
    Participant

    Disabling W3TC doesn’t solve the issue so I’m still finding it hard to pin this one down.

    Final question, do you have any issues with iThemes security pro or Elementor Pro?

    #34113
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

    We are not aware of any issues with those plugins. I have seen some clients using the iThemes security pro (although I am not familiar with that plugin), and we are using Elementor Pro regularly.

    The only case the plugin does not execute the shortcode is, when this option is enabled, and a robot or a very old browser is detected. If that option is turned off, the shortcode is always processed.

    On the server administrator panel, check if you have any opCode or Memcached module enabled, if the issue persists when W3TC is enabled, then it might be originated from a higher level cache.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.