Ajax Search Pro Warning: The response data is missing from the ajax request!

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro Warning: The response data is missing from the ajax request!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    beaumueller82
    beaumueller82
    Participant

I am getting the following error on some searches.

Ajax Search Pro Warning: The response data is missing from the ajax request! This could mean a server relate issue.

Check your .htaccess configuration and try disabling all other plugins to see if the problem persists.

It’s weird because I can type the same string twice and sometimes it will give this error, sometimes not. I did try disabling plugins and editing the .htaccess file, but it did not fix the issue.

To help you troubleshoot, the error occurs when you type a string and then delete a few characters. (Again, only sometimes … sometimes it works.)

If you need admin or ftp access, just let me know and I’ll be happy to provide.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details, it helps us a lot. The issue seems to be completely random, it indeed happens sometimes, other times does not. That means, that the problem is not plugin, but server related – as programmatical issues can be replicated a 100% of the time with the same input parameters, and here it is not the case.

I have seen this exact issue about 3 times, and in 2 cases it was the PHP memory limit. Basically as you expand your site, add more plugins, or plugins update, codes change, the memory consumtion will change, and if PHP was almost out of memory per thread, some requests may result in failure.
    I recommend increasing your PHP memory limit to 512M at least, to see if anything changes.
    In the remaining one case, there was a hosting issue – the hosting server was on a very bloated shared environment (I don’t recall which, bug either godaddy or siteground), and there was a limit of concurrent request for the server in a short time window, so some of the search request basically were ignored.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.