Ajax Search Pro with Beaver Builder saved rows

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro with Beaver Builder saved rows

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    etherplain49
    etherplain49
    Participant

Hello,
    First of all, love Ajax Search Pro. It’s such an improvement on WordPress search.

Today, completely by accident, I discovered a hole in our search results. We are using a page builder called Beaver Builder for our website. This is largely to make it more user-friendly for making updates for our non-technical staff members. Anyway, one of the features of Beaver Builder is the ability to build complex layouts save them and then apply the content to pages and posts through content modules or shortcodes. Full description of this is available here:https://docs.wpbeaverbuilder.com/beaver-builder/layouts/saved-content/

I discovered that when searching for content that exists inside of a saved row, Ajax Search Pro cannot find the information when
    “Search in custom post types” is configured to only pages. I suspect that the plugin does not recognize the content as part of the page for some reason. I played with the plugin a little to see if could get a search result and I was able to by adding beaver builder templates as searchable. Ajax Search Pro then does find the content but it displays only the saved row, not the page it “lives” on, so the information is removed from context. That’s not ideal.

Is there any way to get Ajax Search Pro to recognize this special content block in the context of the page it displays on for the human eye?

Thank you.

-Greg Ruth

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Greg,

The issue is likely because the “saved” block is not actually stored within the content field, but only referenced and then processed during the page view.

I recommend using the Index Table engine for this – it’s specifically designed to fetch the contents of the final page contents, and should very likely solve this issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.