Ajax Search Pro with TablePress

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro with TablePress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hano
    hano
    Participant

Hi,
    I been reading the forum topics and know this came up in april 2018. Tried to follow your solution:
    “That configuration will not work, as it tells which post types to return as results, but TablePress post types are not separate ‘pages’, but shortcodes. You can de-select that post type on that option.

The solution is to use the Index Table engine. It allows indexing the shortcodes content (including the TablePress shortcodes)”

Still I´m not able to retrieve the TablePress content in a search.

Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

First I would make sure that the index table is correctly configured, and it is indeed enabled. A usual issue is, that users forget to enable the index table engine, and while it’s generated, it is not in use.

If this is correct, then try searching a few words from a post/page where a tablepress table is available. The plugin should return the posts/pages where the table is located.

If nothing works, then please add temporary back-end and FTP details, and I will debug the issue locally.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

hano
    hano
    Participant

Hi,
    thanks for your reply.
    Decided to deactivate all my plugins and switched theme to WP 2017. Got the TablePress content to show up now on 2 sites (multi install), but still some problem on a third. So I will continue to detect the problem and what plugin to suspect.

Another question: I realize now that I have to index all sites that uses TablePress. Have you experienced any limits in regards of how many sites the index is capable of contain? Or maximum keywords in the index before there will be performance issues?

Br,
    Hans

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Hans,

Well, I believe the most keywords I have seen indexed was around 2.5 million, and there was no performance issue because of the table indexes, and they were running a pretty decent private server. You should only see a minor performance impact in terms of the search query, as the table indexes are queried, and those are very heavily cached by the database itself. Optimally, there should not be a problem even with many many keywords.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.