Ajax Search to respect visibility set by B2BKing

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search to respect visibility set by B2BKing

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    erikleirdal
    erikleirdal
    Participant

Hi there. We are using B2BKing and they asked us to contact you to verify if/how to respect the visibility of products based on user role. Currently the Ajax Search displays the products that are elsewhere hidden to the user.

B2BKing says: Hi Erik,
    I think it probably works with the Pro version as well, but I’m not entirely sure to be honest.

B2BKing works by setting the visibility in the ‘asl_query_args’ hook, via the ‘post_in’ argument. You can probably ask the developers of that plugin if that would work in the pro version as well.

erikleirdal
    erikleirdal
    Participant

I found this online, from the request from B2BKing themself. But adding this to code snippets doesnt seem to do the trick. Hidden products still show up in Ajax Search.

add_filter(‘asl_query_args’, ‘asl_query_args_postin’, 10, 1);
    function asl_query_args_postin($args) {
    $args[‘post_in’] = is_array($args[‘post_in’]) ? $args[‘post_in’] : array();
    $args[‘post_in’] = array_merge($args[‘post_in’], array(1,2,3));
    return $args;
    }

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, that code is for the Lite version, but it does something completely different – it limits the results to posts 1, 2 and 3 by their IDs. It is only a sample code snippet.

It should be doable via custom code, but I need to know how B2BKing sets the product visibility. If it is a custom field value, or a taxonomy term, then there very simple non-programmatical solutions.
    If it uses a custom table or some other method, then all I need to know is how to check if the item is visible to the current user, using the product/post ID, and I will suggest a custom code. Let me know if you have any information about that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

erikleirdal
    erikleirdal
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll take your answer to B2BKing 🙂

erikleirdal
    erikleirdal
    Participant

B2BKing replied. I have not tested the Free version of you so I dont know if that works. But this is their code,

add_filter(‘asl_query_args’, array($this, ‘asl_query_args_postin’), 10, 1);
    function asl_query_args_postin($args) {
    $args[‘post_in’] = is_array($args[‘post_in’]) ? $args[‘post_in’] : array();
    if (!defined(‘ICL_LANGUAGE_NAME_EN’)){
    $allTheIDs = get_transient(‘b2bking_user_’.get_current_user_id().’_ajax_visibility’);
    } else {
    $allTheIDs = get_transient(‘b2bking_user_’.get_current_user_id().’_ajax_visibility’.ICL_LANGUAGE_NAME_EN);
    }
    $allTheIDs = apply_filters(‘b2bking_ids_post_in_visibility’, $allTheIDs);
    $currentval = $args[‘post_in’];
    if (!empty($currentval) && $allTheIDs !== false){
    $allTheIDs = array_intersect($allTheIDs, $currentval);
    }

if ($allTheIDs){
    if(!empty($allTheIDs)){
    $args[‘post_in’] = array_merge($args[‘post_in’], $allTheIDs);
    }
    }
    return $args;
    }

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That looks great, it will only work with the lite version, I made a change to apply for the Pro as well:

add_filter('asp_query_args', array($this, 'asp_query_args_postin'), 10, 1);
    function asp_query_args_postin($args) {
        $args['post_in'] = is_array($args['post_in']) ? $args['post_in'] : array();
        if (!defined('ICL_LANGUAGE_NAME_EN')){
            $allTheIDs = get_transient('b2bking_user_'.get_current_user_id().'_ajax_visibility');
        } else {
            $allTheIDs = get_transient('b2bking_user_'.get_current_user_id().'_ajax_visibility'.ICL_LANGUAGE_NAME_EN);
        }
        $allTheIDs = apply_filters('b2bking_ids_post_in_visibility', $allTheIDs);
        $currentval = $args['post_in'];
        if (!empty($currentval) && $allTheIDs !== false){
            $allTheIDs = array_intersect($allTheIDs, $currentval);
        }

if ($allTheIDs){
            if(!empty($allTheIDs)){
                $args['post_in'] = array_merge($args['post_in'], $allTheIDs);
            }
        }                 
        return $args;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ajax Search to respect visibility set by B2BKing’ is closed to new replies.