And/Or logic for Taxonomy Terms

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support And/Or logic for Taxonomy Terms

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by donlange donlange 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    donlange
    donlange
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I have a specific group of taxonomy terms, configured under “Frontend Search Settings > Categories & Taxonomy Terms”, that are available on the frontend of my site in “Multiselect with search” display mode.

I want to modify my search routine in such a manner that adding more terms to this particular “Multiselect with search” field on the frontend will limit search results in an AND logic manner rather than an OR logic manner. In other words, by adding more taxonomy terms to the site’s “Multiselect with search” field on the frontend, the search becomes more specific.

I tried several things and was not able to find an answer in your knowledge base.

Thank you,
    Don Lange

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Don,

Make sure that the taxonomy logic is set as following: https://i.imgur.com/0dSP1hl.png
    With that set, the results will have to match all the selected categories from the multiselect box.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

donlange
    donlange
    Participant

Thank you very much for the reply, Ernest.

I’ve been waiting to be notified by Email but nothing has been delivered to my inbox… or perhaps I missed my notification somehow.

Anyway, sorry for my delayed repsonse,

Don

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.