As of today results are being displayed vertically instead of next to each other

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support As of today results are being displayed vertically instead of next to each other

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

 
Keymaster
2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #17205

    Participant

    The problem happens on our live website. Therefore I cannot provide any other login credentials. It was running without any problems for nearly a year now and then – out of a suddon – the layout of the posts displayed as related posts broke. The related posts were usually displayed one next to the other (i guess it is what you call isotope), five in a row/visible per page, 15 max.

    Now they are being displayed all (up to 15) at once, vertically under the post, but we didn’t change anything. Of course, we updated other plugins to the latest version, but why would this break the view of the related posts pro plugin? We make use of the Enfold WordPress Theme on that website. And I have had this problem on some other DIVI Websites as well – earlier. Since the problem could not be solved on those pages, I had to deactivate and delete the plugin on those sites, to install a different one. (Just to make that clear: we always purchased a license for every website that we used the plugin on and on the other pages, the ones where we run DIVI as the template framework, stopped working correctly already some months ago.

    Maybe you can help and fix this problem. Otherwise I will have to change to another plugin on our live website as well, but I liked your plugin a lot up to now.

    This is, what it would like usually:
    https://screenshots.firefox.com/SgtwOSj1e0ihPL5A/www.microtool.de

    This is (part of it) what it looks like at the moment:
    https://screenshots.firefox.com/SKRrGhfV5L2cHYVY/www.microtool.de
    The menu in the latter screenshot happens to be there, because it usually is fixed at the top of our website and our screenshot-tool does not extract that while doing the screenshot.

    Best regards,
    Patrick @ microtool

    #17206

    Hi Patrick,

    The problem is caused by a fatal script error, which blocks further script execution on the page, thus the plugin cannot load properly. The issue is most likely the last line in the console on this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/zciWcsR.png
    It appears it is coming from the easy-social-share-buttons3 plugin folder.

    There is a bypass solution, so that on the Compatibility Options submenu of the plugin, you can change the script to run on a different scope: https://i.imgur.com/WbA0pjO.png
    This may bypass the issue, but I rather suggest resolving it instead, so that the error message doesn’t show up, as it may affect other scripts on the page as well.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #17208

    Participant

    Thanks for the quick help! I could figure it out with your help. It wasn’t the Easy Social Share Button Plugin even though I didn’t like it that much, because it had some small errors like the one that you pointed to. So I deleted the plugin and installed “Monarch” by ElegantThemes for doing the same thing. But that didn’t resolve the problem.

    So I looked again at your screenshot of the console and tried to see, what differences are there to my console and what may cause the problem, because it still is in both consoles. It was the unexpected token ‘:’ thing.

    On the website we make use of the SEO Framework Plugin by Sybre Waaijer. We use that for about a year now and it was never a problem. Though yesterday, I actived the “Breadcrumbs” option in that plugin, to help adding breadcrumbs to our pages automatically (for google). The problem is, that the pages then include something like this:

    
    {"@context":"http://schema.org","@type":"BreadcrumbList","itemListElement":[{"@type":"ListItem","position":1,"item":{"@id":"https://www.microtool.de/","name":"Erfolgreich. Mit Software von microTOOL!","image":"https://www.microtool.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Erfolgreich-Mit-Software-von-microTOOL.png"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":2,"item":{"@id":"https://www.microtool.de/requirements/","name":"Requirements Engineering"}},{"@type":"ListItem","position":3,"item":{"name":"Spurensuche in der Vergangenheit – microTOOL Blog","image":"https://www.microtool.de/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/spurensuche_share-1.jpg"}}]}
    

    which then results in this error in the console:

    SyntaxError: unexpected token: ':'                   die-last-mit-dem-lastenheft:884:11

    It seems, that the schema is not included correctly, as the browser does not know what to do with the ‘:’s in the schema code. And that breaks your plugin then (even though the scope option is activated).

    Thank you very much for your help and for pointing me to the problematic things that went wrong. I was looking for that in the wrong directions. (And I guess, I could activate the plugins on the other pages again after deactivating the breadcrumbs functionallity there as well.)

    Best regards,
    Patrick @ microTOOL

    #17209
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.