ASP Admin doesn't work for me !

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support ASP Admin doesn't work for me !

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Maximilien Missud Maximilien Missud 9 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maximilien Missud
    Maximilien Missud
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve installed your Ajax Search Pro WP plugin and created my search instance and put it in the bottom of the pages.

The problem is that I can’t modify any parameters into admin !

Nothing seems to work 🙁 What did I made wrong ?

Thanks in advance for your support !

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You did nothing wrong. I just examined the page and the theme was loading it’s scripts to the ajax search pro admin area as well and that caused the problem.

Luckily I didn’t have to touch the code, I just went to the ajax search pro compatibility settings and switched the Javascript Source option to Minified. That solved the problem: https://i.imgur.com/G3E191i.png

Thank you for proper login details, it helped me a lot.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Maximilien Missud
    Maximilien Missud
    Participant

You’re amazing, it works now !! Thanks !

Last point (but not the least), I bought your plugin for it’s WPML compatibility.

But as you can see here : http://www.atdi.fr, you can’t search anything on the other languages of the website !

Can you help ? Thanks again 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

How do you have the same wordpress install on different domains?

Ajax requests will not work on cross domains, it’s forbidden by the same origin policy.

As I checked, every domain sends the requests back to the “.com” which is prohibited.

Let me check if there is a way to adjust and proxy the ajax url to the current domain. It might not work though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Maximilien Missud
    Maximilien Missud
    Participant

Damn… Hope we can make it work… :s Your plugin is really amazing…

Maximilien Missud
    Maximilien Missud
    Participant

And one last (promise !), I would like to let the results appear on top of the search bar (not beneath !) I didn’t found the right property to modify !

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, I think I managed to find a solution. It basically changes the ajax url every time to the correct one. I’ve changed the search code to do that.

However you can’t place hovering styled result above the search bar. But if you use the results shorcode, you can place it wherever you want. (but it will display as a block, thus pushing the content) There is more info about this in the documentation: http://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/getting_started/custom_result_box_position.html

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Maximilien Missud
    Maximilien Missud
    Participant

You’re amazing ! Thanks a lot for your multi-language tweak ! I’ve finally put the search bar into a footer widget ! Perfect now ! You rocks !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.