ASP still not quite working

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support ASP still not quite working

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

 
Participant
5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #9628

    Participant

    Hi

    Sorry to keep bothering you with this. I am going around in circles a little. I realised that the version I had was not the latest, so I upgraded. Now a related by slightly different set of problems. I cleared everything out, wiped the DB tables, removed the plugin and started from scratch. It installed ok and made the tables. I went to the main bit to create a search form, it said it had made it, then didnt put anything underneath to edit. I can see it made an entry in the DB table ok, but I cant see it now in WP-admin. Also the index search table problem is back (as the upgrade changed the code of course). Something is not quite right. I have tried to get it on to a server that you can access, but it seemed to be working on there? I can let you share my screen to take a look if that is easier?

    #9643

    Hi!

    I honestly have no idea at this point what could be wrong exactly. I recall someone had a very similar issue years ago, when using a multisite installation, but it was resolved and the plugin was updated accordingly, and never heard of that issue again.
    It was basically something with the database prefix. His installation returned incorrect database brefixes for some reason. So variable $wpdb->prefix and $wpdb->base_prefix resulted the same value on each site, where the base_prefix attribute has to be the main database table.

    The only thing I can think of is, that the plugin might have been activated from a child site not from the multisite root causing a similar issue, and the database tables might have been created with the incorrect prefix. It should not happen of course, but if the $wpdb->base_prefix returns an incorrect value, then it might do.

    Can you please try to deactivate and activate the plugin from the multisite root site?

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #9645

    Participant

    Ernest

    I think I have it now, thanks very much for the info above, it was very close to being spot on. In this instance for some reason the table_prefix in wp_config had uppercase letters, but it was creating things in the db with lowercase. Note that this is on a windows server, so it should really matter, but it did.

    So for example I had 21C2Pbf_ in the wp_config and it was making tables 21c2pbf_ for some reason. Simply changing to be exact in wpconfig made it work including the index table section.

    Worth thinking about adding to the error message, you do a check in class-asp-dbman which is where I copied the code to check it was right / wrong.

    Thanks so much for your help, hopefully on the right road now!

    Mark

    #9650

    You are welcome!

    I learn new things every day. I will look into this, but I’m not sure if this is something I will be able to fix or even detect. It sounds like this might be a wordpress core bug of some sort, as the prefix is used as is provided from wordpress itself. Anyways I will definitely try to simulate the issue, maybe there is indeed something I can do.
    I hope it’s working correctly now.

    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

    If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)


    #9651

    Participant

    All working and the update is much quicker. Awesome plugin, thanks for making it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.