ASP + WooCommerce: show products results by a specific attribute and not others

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support ASP + WooCommerce: show products results by a specific attribute and not others

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    patriziord
    patriziord
    Participant

Hi Ernest.

Thanks again for your support on my latest ticket (you can mark it as solved).
    On the same e-commerce, I’m struggling with this scenario:

Having shoes as products, with two variations each, sizes and colors, I succeded in making a search filter using prize and color as parameter with your plugin.

It works pretty well using: General options > Sources > Search in custom post types > ‘Products’
    Now I’m trying to make my results to be shown by color attribute only and not also by size attribute.
    Using: General options > Sources > Search in custom post types > ‘Variations’
    is not the best solution, as it shows 154 items, any single possible variation by size and color, from just 19 pairs of shoes.

Is there a way I could make the results show only by color attribute and not by size attribute?
    What I expect is to see, for example:

Boots (size 36,37,38,39,40 – colors black, red – 100 €)
    Shoes (size 36,37,38,39,40 – colors black, brown – 80 €)

to be listed in results as 4 items, by any possible color, (if all the filters are on):
    Boots – 100 € (showing the black color variation, if clicked ‘black’ option will be pre-selected)
    Boots – 100 € (showing the red color variation, if clicked ‘red’ option will be pre-selected)
    Shoes – 80 € (showing the black color variation, if clicked ‘black’ option will be pre-selected)
    Shoes – 80 € (showing the brown color variation, if clicked ‘brown’ option will be pre-selected)

So far I tried a lot of different configurations – i.e. tried to exclude sizes using Advanced options > exclude results > exclude by taxonomy term – but no luck.
    Also made a lot of research in this forum and googled around. I just stumbled upon this stackoverflow thread, where a guy asked a similar question and found another plugin like yours where – he mentioned – you could “weight” attributes to be sorted.

Is there a way to obtain this you could suggest me?
    Thanks!

Patrizio

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Patrizio,

I don’t think this is possible when the product variations are selected to be returned – as there might be a variation available for each combination of attributes.
    Excluding sizes will not help either, because I guess that each color combination has a size attribute as well, so it will result in excluding both items.

If you use the vertical results layout, you might want to perhaps try the results grouping feature. That allows grouping by taxonomy terms, which you can also choose manually if needed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.