Assign extra weight/importance to content items

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Assign extra weight/importance to content items

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by nazar nazar 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nazar
    nazar
    Participant

Hiya,

It would be super-cool to be able to assign some kind of importance or relevance multiplier to content items (post, pages, CPTs, taxonomy terms, etc).

For example, I have taxonomy terms which are US cities. There are several cities named Salem, but Salem in Oregon is the most well-known.
    I would love to give that one extra weight, so that “Salem, OR” appears first in search results, before “Salem, MA”.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

For posts you can do that under the Priorities submenu: https://goo.gl/4Z7xbj

For other types of content it is not possible, and I’m not sure if it ever will be, to be honest with you. I’m planning to re-work the priorities section a bit, but there are some serious performance concerns about the changes, which I have to overcome first 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

nazar
    nazar
    Participant

Yeah, I’m aware of Priorities, but this only works for post and CPTs.
    I was mainly asking about taxonomy terms since these contain locations info in my case.
    Anyway, I hear you 🙂 I’ll keep experimenting myself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.