Atributes with variable characters

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Atributes with variable characters

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    we want to add attributes to products with variable characters, but they do not appear in the search. Example: 12345 and 12345 (). Where () can be a number from 0 to 9 or letters from A to Z. Is it possible? Or some other solution?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please be more specific about ‘they do not appear in the search’? Does that mean the plugin is not searching for them, or are they not displayed somewhere?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I send you an image of how it works now. Everything is correct. If I look for rbj102440 look for correct product. What I need is that if we put a value between the parentheses, when the user searches without the parenthesis find it. Example: Attribute rbj102440 (123) the user searches for rbj102440123 and finds it.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I understand what you need now. Currently this is not possible, but I think I can probably make an adjustment to the index table engine to make this work in the upcoming release.

Keep an eye on the next update, it should be out within 7 days. After that, all you need to do is just re-creating the index table, and it should register these types of strings with both parentheses and without them as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

The new release is not yet available. True?
    You already have the documentation to be able to configure table engine to get what we are looking for?

Best regards,

Fernando

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Fernando,

Unfortunately not yet, I had to revert back a few changes within the 4.11.5 release, there was an issue with the approval at my fault.
    I’m pushing 4.11.6 out this week, which includes an index table code that should work as you expected. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

Good morning Ernest,
    is this release the one we need?
    If yes, where can I see the information I need to deploy index table and configure the searches?

Fernando

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Fernando,

Yes, this one has the modification. Let’s hope it will work. You only need to create a new index table, by clicking on ‘Create new index’ button, everything else should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

It has not been clear to me how I should proceed to get the search configuration.
    Can you help me please.

fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I need to finish the work of my Client.
    I need your guidance to make the searches discussed above work. I have already created the index table. What is the next step?

Fernando

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Fernando,

There is no other step required. If the index table was re-created, it should hopefully work now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

Good morning Ernest,
    after setting the table index we found two problems. The first problem is that it does not identify the new attribute “Test” to include it in the list of “Source2”, as you can see in the image. Second problem, not find the product if I add (4), (45) or (456). What solution can we apply?

I attach images, if you need something else do not hesitate to ask me.

Attachments:
    fespigado
    fespigado
    Participant

More images…

Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If the attribute was added in the post editor screen via WooCommrece drectly, it may not be registered as a custom taxonomy term, but as a custom field. I’m not sure how WooCommerce determines which one to use, but sometimes it becomes a custom field.

Try looking for attribute_pa_test or attribute_pa_ or ‘attribute_’ within the indexed custom fields list under the index table options panel: https://i.imgur.com/MgMUVNX.png
    If it shows up, select it, and then save the product again, so the new field is indexed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.