Autocomplete & Suggestions

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Autocomplete & Suggestions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    DlSegal
    DlSegal
    Participant

Hey Ernest,

I’d like to know how Autocomplete and Keyword Suggestions are computed.

1. How is the statistics database used? e.g. matching popular terms typed into the search box previously ?
    2. How much history is required in the statistics database for the statistics to be used?
    3. How is the Google database used?
    4. Does the Google database use exact matches, or could spelling mistakes be corrected as well?
    5. Can keyword suggestions be shown even when there *are* results?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    David

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. It matches the rows simply by the term entered, no other calulation is performed yet.
    2. The built in database is used after the search term is recorded at least once.
    3. Google database is used by making a query to google servers with the keyword. They will try to return relevant keywords. It is not possible to control this behavior in any ways unfortunately.
    4. I have no information about this unfortunately. I would say it depends highly on the keyword.
    5. Well, I never though of this to be honest, in the current stage it’s not possible. I can however add this as a feature request, and perhaps build a solution for upcoming versions if possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.