Babel polyfill conflict whenever AJAX Search Pro plugin is active.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Babel polyfill conflict whenever AJAX Search Pro plugin is active.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    reno.verdi08
    reno.verdi08
    Participant

Hi,
    We encountered an issue, whenever the AJAX Search Pro plugin is active we have this error in error console:
    “Uncaught Error: only one instance of babel-polyfill is allowed”
    It conflicts with components on our site that use babel polyfill. As a result some components on the page is not loaded.

Is there a way to disable/enable babel polyfill from the AJAX Search Pro plugin?

Thanks,
    Reno

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Reno,

I believe the scrollbar script uses a polyfill method, it is probably from Babel. Try turning it off here explicitly, it should resolve the issue: https://i.imgur.com/WGB4fJB.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

reno.verdi08
    reno.verdi08
    Participant

I have tried turning off the scrollbar and also Compatibility > CSS & JS Compatibility > Display the default search box on old browsers? (IE<=8).

The issue still persist.
    Uncaught Error: only one instance of babel-polyfill is allowed.

Please advise. Let us know if we could to tweak it from the plugin code.

reno.verdi08
    reno.verdi08
    Participant

Ernest,

additional information:
    – This error will still appear even if I do not put the search shortcode into the page. So, even the search element is not on the page as long as the plugin is active the error “Uncaught Error: only one instance of babel-polyfill is allowed.” will appear.

Thank you,
    Reno

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m not aware of any other resource using the babel polyfill algorithm, certainly not our internals. I suspect babel may false positively detect something as the polyfill.
    Can you please add temporary back-end and FTP details. I will try to debug this line-by-line.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

reno.verdi08
    reno.verdi08
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    reno.verdi08
    reno.verdi08
    Participant

Ernest,

How do I dequeue/deregister wp-polyfill from AJAX Search Pro plugin?

Thanks,
    Reno

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Reno,

The plugin does not use React, so that is why I am only guessing why the other module thinks it has the polyfill enabled. I am guessing, that either some sort of a dependency causing the issue, or the app false positively thinks the module is queued.
    Without debugging this I am not able to tell what it is. I looked through all the scripts, but the only one I could find traces of similar code to babel polyfill is the external scrollbar script.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.