backend crash

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Prashant Praveen
    Prashant Praveen
    Participant

Hey the ajex drag and drop at the back end is not working at all, it fridges everytime i try to move a category

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xoxiktg61ymnzzg/Screenshot%202014-07-31%2012.10.10.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6263r94itrzumju/Screenshot%202014-07-31%2012.10.43.png

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It’s some kind of javascript conflict, most likely caused by another plugin or extension.

Do you have any administrator interface enhancements installed? If so, then you should try to disable them temporary and see if the category drag-drop works then.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Prashant Praveen
    Prashant Praveen
    Participant

Hi Marcinko
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    there is no admin plugin or any extra plugin, all are active and being used to perform various task on our portal. let me know if this can be resolved, else we would go for refund and buy a non ajex search and filter plugin.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Of course it can be resolved, once we find what is causing the issue.

Please try to deactivate all the plugins, except the Ajax Search Pro and see if it works then. If it works with all the other plugins deactivated, then it’s something else conflicting.

You can also try to switch the theme temporary to the default, and see if it’s working then.

Once we find the plugin conflict I will able to reproduce it on my test environment and help with the solution.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You can also leave temporary administrator and ftp access by editing the first post in this thread. I will then take a look at the backend, and see if I can find anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Prashant Praveen
    Prashant Praveen
    Participant

Here is our test link, have deactivated all plug]gin other then core ones.

user: ajaxprosupport
    pass: support
    http://edukart.com/testing/open/wp-admin

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe I have found the issue. The drag-drop list was too big and the browser could not handle it. I limited the terms count except for product categories. It should work now properly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Prashant Praveen
    Prashant Praveen
    Participant

it worked on test site.. so now how can i fix it on my live portal. I wont be able to give you access of it.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Copy the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro folder over to the main site’s plugin folder, and it should work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Prashant Praveen
    Prashant Praveen
    Participant

grt its working smooth on live backend. Thanks for such quick response!
    Still want to know will the custom settings loose if i update the pluggin also want to know if there are any tutorial avlb…?

Prashant Praveen
    Prashant Praveen
    Participant

hey also when i configured it i wasnt able to how i though i can.. actually i wanted to make a search like amazon.com where the dropdown options are selected categories. And a click on them just takes you to category products.. can we achieve this in our ajex pro.??

Prashant Praveen
    Prashant Praveen
    Participant

infact this should have been my pre-sale question… 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

You will not loose your custom settings after update, no worries. Currently there is only the documentation and the faqs available, but those are a bit outdated. The new version comes with a fresh documentation and I’m working on a knwoledgebase as well. It should be up in 10 days.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

As your second question, you can’t make them clickable, it’s a bit complicated, but I will consider adding this feature to the future releases.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.