Backend tab content not loading

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Backend tab content not loading

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ujkarl
    ujkarl
    Participant

Hello, I have updated to Ajax Search Pro from Lite which was working fine and is now deactivated.

Now, when I want to open a tab in the backend it just says Loading …, but nothing loads. (Please, see attached screenshot)

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,
    Uwe.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

This error happens when a 3rd party script is causing a fatal error, and blocks further script rendering on the page. It is extremely hard to debug without actually seeing the issue. Usually de-activating plugins one-by-one is the way to go, but sometimes custom scripts might be the cause.

On your homepage I see a fatal script error, it can be the cause, if that script is also loaded on the back-end: https://i.imgur.com/QsAcWGx.png
    ..further expanding that error reveals this: https://i.imgur.com/U1Rgxtq.png
    The cause there is a text, where the apostrophe in the word “don’t” is not escaped properly: “Sorry, this doesn’t work on Periodics®.”
    Removing the apostrophe from that text might help, if the issue is indeed caused by this error. It is possible that there might be other scripts loaded on the back-end.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ujkarl
    ujkarl
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

thanks, I could identify Custom Aware Sidebars by Joachim Jensen as the plugin preventing ASP back-end from loading properly. Unfortunately, it is one of my key plugins and there are tons of sidebars created already. What would you recommend me to do to get both plugins work together?

Regards,
    Uwe.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

I just installed that plugin for testing, and there seems to be an issue with their latest release, affecting other plugins as well. The cause is indeed an fatal script error, and others have reported is as well: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/v3-7-5-gives-issues-with-yoast-and-backupbuddy-plugins/

I can see this error all over the WordPress back-end, even on a fresh WordPress installation without plugins. I believe the author will release a fix for it very soon, as it will affect all of their users.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ujkarl
    ujkarl
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

that sounds encouraging, thanks!

Regards,
    Uwe.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ujkarl
    ujkarl
    Participant

It’s fine with me, the fix is installed, all working fine now.
    I’ll come back with a rating to Codecanyon soonest possible.
    Uwe.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.