Better to exclude or include content

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Better to exclude or include content

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    synergy
    synergy
    Participant

Hi,

I have a website where I only want to search certain pages (suppliers) and exclude everything else.

In practice is it better to add a category to every page other than suppliers pages and exclude that category from the results or is there a way to only include the suppliers pages and ignore everything else?

Also I’m using Ultimate Member to handle all the users of the site so is it worth upgrading to your latest update so that I can use the new:
    ‘User search: excluding/including’ option? And if I do update will my selected options for the plugin remain?

Thanks in advance.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It depends on the number of pages. In case you only need to include or exclude a few pages, then:
    – for exclusions use this option: https://i.imgur.com/YTRq7Ra.png
    – for inclusions a small custom snippet is needed: https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/limit-results-to-specific-post-ids-only/

..if however there are dozens of pages, and possibly you are planning to add more, categorizing them and excluding based on categories is much better and more convenient way – as you won’t have to add the new pages to the exclusion/inclusions list.

User search: it’s basically an option to exclude selected users from the results. If you need this feature, you can of course update, otherwise it might not be neccessary.

The options are not changed upon minor updates. On bigger changes some options may be replaced, and can be re-verted to their default states. Recently the redirection options were re-worked, I’ve of course added a fall-back script to change the options according to the previous version installed. Some users still experienced changes there, and those specific options had to be configured again. All others stayed untouched though.
    I always recommend doing a full-site and database back-up before doing plugin updates, mostly because if the update process fails or gets terminated by accident, you can end up with a site malfunction – and of course you can always restore that safely, if something does not work out. It should not happen at all, but you never know.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.