Bug with ajax search pro – need fix and some improvements

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Bug with ajax search pro – need fix and some improvements

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Participant

Hi,
    with the last version of WordPress ajax search pro, i met somes bugs.

First :
    – add stripslashes in style.css.php for output $style because this file generated the style(number).css with slashes for font as Arial, verdana and the display is break for ie8 & ie9

for example :

font-weight:normal;font-family:'\Verdana'\, Geneva, sans-serif;color:#212121;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;}

– in ajaxsearchpro.php, you don’t need reload exisiting library as wpdreams-aspjquery and wpdreams-aspjquery-ui, you can replace theme by jquery and jquery-ui-core, because wordpress includes in js folder the jquery and jquery ui.

– when you try to change striptagsexclude value, the plugin doesn’t save your modification for this field, why ? i don’t know

– add jquery noconflict option

Thanks for your great plugin, i hope you can fix or add somes improvements

Hello!

Thank you for notifying me for some of the bugs.

The wpdreams-aspjquery and other scripts have included custom built jquery plugins. I had too many issues with other free and home-made plugins, because lot of these were loading jquery after other plugins already loaded it. It resulted in a serious issue (it wipes out all the loaded jquery extensions), there is no other solution for this. I have consulted with other top plugin authors, and nobody found a better way of solving all the compatibility issues. Since I use this method, nobody ever complaind about any compatibility problems. Because a custom built jquery is loaded in a different scope, there is no need of the jquery noconflict.

I will look into the other issues you mentioned though.

Thanks for the response!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Participant

Thanks for your feed back

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bug with ajax search pro – need fix and some improvements’ is closed to new replies.