Buttons reversed after update to 4.21

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Buttons reversed after update to 4.21

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by wildguitars06 wildguitars06 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Hi Ernest,
    I hope you’re doing well!
    I’ve just updated the plugin on our staging website (https://dev2.wildguitars.co.il) from version 4.20.8 to 4.21. While the search seems to be working just fine, there’s a slight styling issue:

Live site (4.20.8):

Staging site (4.21):

The buttons have been reversed, and both of them have become rounded instead of only the leftmost one.
    I have checked the console and there are no errors. I’ve also searched the knowledgebase and could not find any relevant topics; apologies if I missed it.

I’d appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue. The private details I provided are for our staging site; if you also require details for our live site please let me know and I will create a user for you.

Thanks!
    Tom

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

The screenshots may not have uploaded properly.

Live site (4.20.8):

Staging site (4.21):

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for the details!

I located the issue and fixed it via the plugin editor. It should be okay now. I will make sure to correct this in the ucpming release.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Thanks so much for the prompt reply, and for taking care of this!
    Perhaps you can tell me what you fixed, so that I may do it on the live website immediately after updating the plugin? It will be difficult to synchronize the fix on the live site with you, due to potential time zone differences, your busy schedule, etc.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

Just copy the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/views/asp.shortcode.probox.php file from the staging to the live (same folder) when the update is complete.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Thanks for the instructions, Ernest, I will do exactly that!

Before you close this ticket, may I ask one final thing from you?

Ever since we launched our WooCommerce website in 2018, customers have been complaining that our search is slow. The Ajax Search Pro plugin was installed from the very beginning. Perhaps you can perform some searches and provide your expert opinion on the speed of the search? I know that there are many options/settings to play with, and I don’t want to touch (and break) anything.

Best regards,
    Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I conducted a few test searches, I am getting responses on around 1.5 – 2.5 seconds in average. I would say that is an average/good response time for a webshop site. The response time greatly depends on the web server performance, as well as on some of the correct configuration.
    This documentation will walk you through some of the greatest impact changes you can make to get the best possible performance. The more you can apply, the better.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Thanks so much, Ernest, I will b sure to go over the documentation.
    Have a great weekend!

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I hope you’re doing well!
    The buttons reverse issue has happened again after the update to version 4.24. Please compare our staging site where I have updated the plugin, to our live website which still has version 4.23.3.

https://dev2.wildguitars.co.il/
    https://www.wildguitars.co.il/

I’d appreciate your assistance with this in advance so that I may update the plugin on our live site. 🙂

Thanks,
    Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the inconvenience again, there is indeed an issue there with the proper odering. In the recent release we have made a change for accessibility reasons, and we forgot to adjust the ordering. Later today 4.24.1 will be released, I will include a fix to this as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Thanks as always for your prompt reply, Ernest, and no need to apologize! I appreciate you applying the fix so quickly and look forward to receiving the notification regarding the new version.

Best regards,
    Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you Tom! If you update to 4.24.1 now, the problem should be resolved. Let me know if it still persists.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Hi Ernest, I updated to 4.24.1 last night and everything seems to be working smoothly. 🙂

Thanks for your support and have a wonderful week!
    Tom

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome, I wish you a wonderful week too!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

wildguitars06
    wildguitars06
    Participant

Thank you my friend!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.