Cache ? Search takes long time when i use facets

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Cache ? Search takes long time when i use facets

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Pierre Lecomte Pierre Lecomte 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pierre Lecomte
    Pierre Lecomte
    Participant

Hi,
    I use Ajax Search Pro with Elementor. I have a small number of posts in two post categories : “livres” and “articles”.
    I want visitors to be able to search among books only, or articles only, or both.
    That’s why I used front end search, with checkbox for these two categories.

Problem is, when I check only “livres”, or only “articles”, the results take around 5 secs to display. Though, I enabled the cache, I activated indexation, I followed the performance recommandations in the documentation…
    What is the use of the cache if it takes the same time to perform the exact same search several times (i.e. all “livres”, or all “articles”) ?

I use a cache plugin (Cache enabler + Autoptimize), I tried many times with different options, deactivating all plugins but Elementor… This search takes always the same time, so it seems the cache doesn’t work ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

When using Elementor, not all layers of cache can be utilized unfortunately. The only way to get Elementor “live” results is to basically send a request to the same page with some parameters, which tell Elementor which items to display, then get the output of that full page, and print it back to the original.

The page load time seems fast from a browsers, but if I check it via an XHR request, it takes about 5 seconds to load all resources: https://i.imgur.com/jy0vb44.png
    I believe that should be much faster. You can maybe try a different cache plugin, we are using W3TC, and so far it worked flawlessly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Pierre Lecomte
    Pierre Lecomte
    Participant

Thank you for your fast answer, I’ll try and tell you if it works better.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.