Can load result on page 2 of pagination

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Can load result on page 2 of pagination

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brenna
    brenna
    Participant

This is a site I am building on my local machine. I can’t seem to find a way to load results on the 2 page of results using your plugin. Is there a specific way I need to configure this? It’s not even showing me the pagination on page 2, all results don’t load. The initial page though is fine.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The results page layout, including the pagination is affected by the them actually. There is one option that could actually conflict, and that is the number of results per page here: https://i.imgur.com/fLDN2AW.png
    This should be set the same as the posts per page under the WordPress Settings -> Reading panel. Some themes might have a different internal option to override this value, or a separate option for the results page. Make sure to check those as well, they all should be set to the same value.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

brenna
    brenna
    Participant

So, I set everything to 24 count, however, I am still having the same issue. My problem is as soon as I go to page 2 in results it takes me to a blank page. Would this have anything to do random ordering?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    brenna
    brenna
    Participant

Well, not a completely blank page it takes me to a blank results section with no pagination anymore and no results. Page 1 in results live loads random 24 results and page 2 loads nothing if I click into the search bar on what I think is page 2 it does load results but I am still on page 1. I need it to be on page 2 and live load when the page is refreshed with the second page in results.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by brenna brenna.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by brenna brenna.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

– Does this happen on any search phrase?
    – Are there any non-post types choses as results (like taxonomies under the General Options -> Sources 2 panel, or users, attachments) ?
    – What is the limit set under the General Options -> Limits panel?

Can you please try what happens in cases when the:
    1. Search override is turned off
    2. and when the override is turned on and the method is set to GET
    Let me know if anything changes in these cases.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

brenna
    brenna
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    brenna
    brenna
    Participant

I apologize, I figured out the issue I was having. It has absolutely nothing to do with the plugin at all. I had an invisible div blocking the pagination that I didn’t realize was there causing the page to reload. This plugin works fantastic now that I got that piece out of its way.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can load result on page 2 of pagination’ is closed to new replies.