Can not save CSS changes

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mark Klinefelter Mark Klinefelter 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

Great plugin! Bought a week ago. I had asked you if the search could work with my accordion table shortcodes. Perfect as the index engine did the trick. Absolutely great! I created a classic blue instance for my sidebar above the optin form. Looks great. Wanted to create another in classic green for my homepage. All styling effects are default except the color change. No matter what I do, I can not save the color change to green or any color! I went through the knowledgebase and did the 2-3 things for css issues but none worked. Could you go in and figure out what the issue is. BTW, your plugin is light weight and does not slow down page speed. My site went live 2 weeks ago after 2 years of development. Thanks a lot.

Mark, Miami, FL (Always have backups!! lol)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Mark!

Thank you for your kind words!

I tried to log-in with the provided details, but the site tells me to check my phone for a log-in code. Can you please disable the phone authentication on that account temporarly? I will check again then.
    I’m guessing a cache issue based on your description, but I will check the configuration and do some tests to confirm.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

You are quick! Just disabled phone verification. Try again and it shd work. I have wp rocket and cleared cache several times also.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I have found the problem 🙂

You are using the wrong shortcode on the front page. I see the shortcode of the sidebar search instead of the frontpage one. Simply just replace it, and it will work 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

Well, I made a new shortcode up and it still didn’t work. I deleted that. Try to make a classic green and put it on the homepage. Thanks.

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

I just put the blue one up, like the sidebar, so there would be at least something for people to use until you got to it.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I still see the old shortcode if I open the Home page editor: https://i.imgur.com/pX9nl9I.png

This shortcode is used:

[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]

and it should be this one:

[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=3]
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

Hello Ernest. It worked. I cleared the browser cache and that did it. So that was the only issue? Anyway, for your information, when I went into theme options on the #3 shortcode, I put classic green. I saved page yet on save the field box went back to “select”. Meaning it should have stayed “classic green”. Sort of confusing cause you dont know if it was saved except for the fact that the green search showed up on the preview box. Thanks. Mark

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yep, I only found that issue.

It’s indeed changing back, but it’s only a visual bug – the classic green options remain loaded anyways. I’m going to fix that in the upcoming version.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

Thanks Ernest. Appreciate the absolutely quick service. As I told you, or may have not, I have tested thousands of search plugins but in one way or another, were deficient or a piece of $hit. I had tried Google CSE but that was worthless as well. Not only did your plugin pick up the individual disease under my accordion shortcode, it delivered the EXACT picture that went with it! Unbelievable! If I ever wanted to just have a search bar for just the disease pages, could you tell me exactly how to exclude other pages, posts, custom posts etc… I may do that after i get caught up after all the work i have to do for post launch. Thanks for the minor future bug fix. You live in the U.S.?

Regards, Mark

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome Mark!

The current market of viable search plugins is pretty much limited to a few good ones, all others miss something vital.

To limit the search to a specific subset of pages, you should start with the General Options -> Sources panel. There you can turn off the search in posts first, as you don’t need those for page search – I see you have the diseases on separate pages by starting character.
    Then here comes the hard part: Since pages can’t have any categories nor any taxonomies, the only way to exclude the rest of them is one-by-one by their ID’s – On the Advanced Options -> Content panel, with the “Exclude Posts/Pages/CPT by ID’s (comma separated post ID-s)” option.
    That might be time consuming, but there is no other way for pages – since you cannot catgorize them by default in WordPress.

I’m from Europe, Slovakia to be exact 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mark Klinefelter
    Mark Klinefelter
    Participant

Thanks for the advice Ernest on the search for diseases. Believe me, I have gone page by page to do many things over the last 2 years so putting individual id’s is a piece of cake. Matter of fact, that is what i’m doing now, adding custom amazon ads TO EACH PAGE…LOL. In the end, as I have learned, all of that individual work makes the site even more functional and beautiful! Happy New Year and great on being from Slovakia.

Regards, Mark

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.