Can search results just appear on plain old php page?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Can search results just appear on plain old php page?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jennyb
    jennyb
    Participant

I’m using your Ajax Search Pro plugin on my WordPress site and on a corresponding app (in development). On the wordpress site, it works great. I enter a term, the possible results appear as a dropdown, I click on the item, and it takes me to the resulting post.
    However, when I use your search functionality on my app, clicking on a result does nothing. I am not taken to the resulting post.

I thought it had to do with the app software, but when I unintalled Ajax Search Pro and replaced it with Relevanssi, it worked fine. I enter in a search term, the results appear and I can click on an item to be taken to the resulting post.

So I was thinking, maybe the app software just doesn’t like this “Ajax” dropdown feature. Is there a way to display my search results in a plain old .php page?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If I understand correctly you are displaying the results through a custom made application and not within a browser?
    My guess is that the app might not be supporting certain javascript events, or even propagation and other handlers like a browser. I’m not sure if that is possible to determine.

Possible solution #1
    You can completely disable the ajax feature and have the results redirected to the default results page – just like relenvanssi does. Try this configuration for that: https://i.imgur.com/sZx1ePN.png
    In this case the results are displayed on the default search results page, not within an ajax results box.

Possible solution #2
    If you prefer the ajax feature, then there might be another way. My guess is that the app cannot handle the absolute overlay above the result elements, which allow the whole area to be clickable, instead of only the result link.
    You can try disabling this option: https://i.imgur.com/KMntk14.png
    This is just a very wild guess, but I have a feeling it might work.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

jennyb
    jennyb
    Participant

The first option worked. Thank you for your quick and accurate reply!!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.