Cannot get anythign to work liek in your demo

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Cannot get anythign to work liek in your demo

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by 360webfirm09 360webfirm09 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

This just shows a basic search box for me, nothing else shows no matter what I try and i ahve spent some time on this already and its really getting me frustrated., I also have followed your tutorials and videos. I cannot get anythign to show on front end except a simple search box. NO multi options or anything and I created several test ones and enabled and added so many things and nothing at all works. Again, I hope this works with DIVI or I just wasted my money and will want a refund.

I need the plugin to search for many things. Images is a must, artist name, discipline and location ( when this is created ).

Your demo shows a multi option on the seach and why does this not show up for me. I even tried the basic search for images such as one image Bird in Spring, nothing comes up for this excepty the featured image. Does this notr work for images in media library, or images on meta slider?

I just need this to work please.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I see you answered on a previous thread in the comments section. I will copy/paste it here for convenience.

I figured out the filters. The issue I am having is that if I have all these filters on same instance and once you uncheck one or many, the search results start showing all sorts of things. I am getting all types of results and its very confusing. I have 4 main things I need to search for and do not want all type of other stuff to show up. I have a site that artist have a page on and on their page, they have a discipline (what type of art they do such as oil, sculpture etc.) the location where they show their artworks, their name of course and images of their art which will also be searchable based on the alt or, description or title of that artwork. It would be nice to have under one search function the ability to choose which part to search for. I have ACF set up for Artist name, Discipline and Location. What is the best way to display this for what I want.?

Well, I see you have created a couple of search bars. From your description I think this can be put simply into one single search filter. Since you added back-end access, I have pre-configured a new search instance for you called “Artists”. This features 3 dropdowns, name, discipline and location.
    I have also noticed, that the actual post contents does not contain anything, but there is a custom field called “artist_bio” – so I assumed you wanted to use that in the search result descriptions. I put that to the primary content field, here: https://i.imgur.com/qAZxvPW.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

I am sorry I deleted it by mistake. can you please do this one more time.

I added the ACF location which is everything I need now.

I need to searchg for:

Artist name,
    artist location
    Images by artist and also the slider, and
    Artist discipline.

Can you please do the form again for me and just call it Artist again? I am so sorry I thought it was me that created this. 🙁

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure, no problem, I have re-created it for you.
    For all the specifics how the custom field filters work, you can learn in the custom field filters documentation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

That looks great!

Is there a way I can add the search bar that would search keywords as well?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure, just turn this option back off, and the search will be displayed as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

Maybe turn the search images form into a basicsearch for all feature? then just have the advanbced search you created to show certain things?

https://websiteservicecanada.com/search/

What would you do?

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

I am happy with these results? what do you think?

https://websiteservicecanada.com/search/

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That looks perfect to me.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

Hello,

All was working just fine until I added a new artist. The Discipline and the location are the exact same fields and settings I believe, but the discipline shows ONLY ones that are added while the location shows all including null values.

I added an artist, added a discipline to that artist and it will not show up on the search page dropdown. The location does but the location shows every location whether someone is there or not.

Is there not a way to get the Discipline to show once they add or choose one in the artist profile page? And if this works as it should, can I just get the locations to ONLY show when they are chosen instead of all locations?

Summary

I added the disciplines Wood and Metal for one artist when I created their profile page, this will not show up on the search page.

I added one location which does show up when I check marked it, however it would be nice to ONLY show locations that are being used.

Also, there are ONLY three artist there. Why does this show much more under artits on search page. This is really bazar as it shows on artist with various searches such as candace2021 ?? These should not show up under artist, just the three active ones

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

I attached an image with the issue with the extra entries that are showing up for problem #3

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The ACF field values are requested from ACF via the get_field_object function, so we can not control what exactly is returned, that is for checkbox type or choice ACF field.

If you are using textarea, text input etc.. then only values from the database are selected. All the values that are present there are within the postmeta database for sure (because they are used), the plugin simply requests every possible value for that meta field. The extra values are within the database so they are displayed. Maybe a post was removed, but the values were not, or they are no longer assigned to anything else.
    If you wish to add only a strict set of values, then probably adding them manually is the best idea.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

what about the other two issues?

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

what would you suggest then?

I need to add artist, displine and only show the ones that are active

360webfirm09
    360webfirm09
    Participant

THis is really getting me confused and a little upset. Surely there must be a way to delete these old entries and why does the displiline not show up on the search?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.