Cannot see 3 letter search term.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Cannot see 3 letter search term.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mfux9ao3 mfux9ao3 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mfux9ao3
    mfux9ao3
    Participant

Hi,

I’m struggling to see results for the term “NFC” on both our English and German pages. It doesn’t seem to recognise these terms, regardless of what the minimum amount of characters to search with is set to.

If you could have a quick look, I would really appreciate it. If FTP is absolutely necessary, then I will try and organise that for you.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It was a known bug for version 3.5, where in some cases the fulltext search class is used instead of the regular. Fulltext has a minimum character count for matches, whihc is usually 4 by default.

The solution was simple, I saved the fulltext search settings page without changin anything to update the option values. This bug might appear if the plugin deactivated then activated or if the database or the whole installation is moved.

On a side note, I think your site is the fastest wordpress site I have ever seen in my life – including the search engine ajax request response times.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mfux9ao3
    mfux9ao3
    Participant

Brilliant; thank you for solving that. At least I know the workaround if it happens again.

Thanks for your rapid support and kind words!

Thanks,

Andrew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.