Can't save any settings to plugin

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Can't save any settings to plugin

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mhenry
    mhenry
    Participant

Hi,

We’re using WP Engine.

I can’t save settings in the plugin. I tried to adjust the layout and it won’t save. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a couple of times, still can’t change anything.

The plugin is working, but this new version moved the layout a bit and now, if you’re logged in to wp-admin, you can’t see the magnifying glass, it’s covered by our top banner.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    mh

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you open the preview window on the back-end, do you see the changes?

If so, that means, they are saved, but the front-end is heavily cached. If you clear all layers of cache for the front-end, the changes will be apparent.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mhenry
    mhenry
    Participant

When I click save all tabs, I get directed to a page that says, “Sorry, you have been blocked
    You are unable to access wpewaf.com,” which is a WP Engine page.

It looks like the plugin is trying to do a call to a licensing page or something? WP Engine is blocking it because it’s trying to link to an outside page?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That should not happen during saving, license/update checks are only triggered on the plugins page periodically.
    During the save process only the settings are put to the database via a regular Post method.

This issue sounds more like a problem with the actual firewall, maybe it catches something in the request as a false positive and simply blocks the request. From the error message it sounds like the firewall tries to access the wpewaf.com domain for some reason, and because it fails, it blocks the request alltogether.

You can try to add this to the wp-config.php file in your root directory:

define( 'ASP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL', true );

This will prevent any periodical update checks. If it was related to the problem, it may resolve it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mhenry
    mhenry
    Participant

How do I apply the license?

We had the plugin installed and the person that had the license left. I bought the new license, but don’t see how/where to apply.

Could that be the problem?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I highly doubt that is the issue here, the license is only required for automatic updates.

However you can try enabling the license, this tutorial will help.

Try that code, which I suggested earlier, if the license activation does not help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mhenry
    mhenry
    Participant

Thanks, I updated the license and added the code, but still can’t save anything. any other ideas?

I can make changes to other plugins …

mhenry
    mhenry
    Participant

My apologies. Turned out to be our firewall that was blocking it, not WP Engine.

And certainly not the fault of the plugin.

thanks for the quick responses and again, my apologies

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Perfect, no problem at all 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.