Can't select/unselect all category filter

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Can't select/unselect all category filter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    newusers
    newusers
    Participant

Hi,

I think you had a great Lite plugin, but I decided to purchase the full version for one specific feature. If you are able to fix this problem, I’d really appreciate your help. If not, please let me know the best way to get a refund.

I would like to give my users the option to check/uncheck all categories on the frontend search filter.

For some reason, your plugin shows the following option in every other filter (except categories)

“Show select/deselect all option?”

Can you please let me know how we should go about fixing this? I’d like that function to also apply to categories.

Thank you,
    Chris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

You can enable this feature under category filter options, by clicking on the Change display mode button: https://i.imgur.com/BAd1v3L.png

That will do the trick.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

newusers
    newusers
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you for the quick reply. Although your advice worked, it led me to another slight challenge.

I’d like a user to be able to 1. type in a main topic and 2. filter it down to specific posts with the category they choose from your search form.

However, none of the selected categories are brining up any results although I know they are there. What do you recommend I try to fix this?

Also, my next (and hopefully last) request will be around the actual search results page. I’d like it to show the results and offer a section for the user to filter them further. Is that something your plugin can do?

Thank you,
    Chris

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Well, it is sort-of hard to tell without actually seeing the configuration, but my guess would be, that there are either categories excluded, or the taxonomy logic might not fit your needs. For that, I would first suggest changing this option as follows: https://i.imgur.com/Xogs4IG.png

The further filtering on the results page is possible, if you place the same search instance as a widget/shortcode onto the results page. You can also try the live results loader feature. It may not work in some cases, as it highly depends on the theme implementation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.